Five things that make me gloat today:
1. My ex-lecturer (he is the Head of Programme for my course) was so nice agreeing to write my reference letter. I went to see him today after few cancelled appointments and he was tad shocked when I said I didn’t get any reply for my young lecturer’s scheme application last year. He said this time around I should hand it over to him personally and he’ll make sure at the very least I get a reply from the Uni. He however said “but bear in mind that most of the vacancies are in branches outside of KL, say Melaka or Johor“. Haha I wouldn’t mind, sir. Not even one bit! Been dying to write that “Just got back from Johor, what a long drive!” or even “bye2 KL, going back to Melaka soon!” FB-statuses 🙂
2. While lingering in the campus foyer waiting for my (ex)lecturer finishes his meeting, I got all sorts of looks from the students passing by. One of them smiling at me and I broke the ice by asking what subject is she taking. She sorta asked me “Are you our new lecturer?” Haha..It was definitely a compliment but I don’t think I carry that look (read: jeans, fushcia shirt and 0.5-inch heel but I however do put on some make-up today).
3. My day was getting even brighter when I reached my car which was parked at god-knows-where in the campus site. As expected, there was a summon ticket posted on my windscreen (hehe masa student dulu siapa tak settlekan saman sebelum convo tak boleh naik pentas amik scroll ok!) I was smiling to the brim when reading what’s written on the ticket :
Kesalahan : Pelajar meletakkan kereta di tempat staff.
Hehe. Pelajar eh? Another bunch of compliment. Not that the pak guard ever did see me pun when he write that surat-cinta, but still? His assumption definitely made my day 🙂
4. I get my boss to write a reference letter for me too. I drafted the letter and tell her to feel free to cross or add wherever she wishes. There was one line in the letter that said : She has been interested in obtaining an MSc degree majoring in Finance and Investment for quite some time now and I feel that she would be an excellent candidate for your esteemed program.
Her verdict : She deleted the I-feel-that phrase.
I’m glad, coz she does not merely feel, but she knows that I would be an excellent candidate for the esteemed program 🙂
5. My friend called me and asked for the operator number. She said that she has to get to the “information counter” (that is me) first before getting to the real “information counter”. Am proud to furnish info at anytime needed, but seriously dear? 🙂
6. (what to do I’m not good with numbers) Got a (waaaaay too early) birthday card (all the waaaay) from UK. Love you (all the waaaay) Farah Wahida Mansor! 🙂
Oh yeah, in case you guys haven’t notice, I’m in the midst of preparing my application for Unis and sponsorship (yet again). Don’t wish me luck, I don’t need it, coz I know I’m well-deserved. Thank you.
Ps: Fate, on the other hand, is something I won’t deny 🙂