My whole body is itching and twitching – like mad.
AirAsia is currently having its rockbottom sale but all I can do is just keep on browsing [and keep on cursing ]. WHY SO?
Money is (InsyaAllah) no objection. And I have all the time in the world to spare on those vacay plans.
The main and ONLY problem is : I just don’t have anybody to go with. Huhu.
Semua orang like so busy till year end with study plan, marriage plan, migrating plan, domestic plan(?). That.. left me alone. Nak vacay ngan sapa ni? True, I have many friends around, but?
I have this strict thumb-rule for vacays : ONLY go with your trusted friends and once something bad happened, do not repeat going on with that person. I think I’ve been retrenching scratching a lot of names off my vacay-partner list. No offence, you may be a good friend but that doesn’t necessarily make you a good traveler buddy. (Haih, banyak songeh). A good traveler buddy (rephrase: MY good traveler buddy) must have at least a few of what it takes:
1. Absorb and blend well with the culture of the place we’re visiting.
2. Shopping is a side dish. Sightseeing, learning the culture and trying new things is the major agenda.
3. A sucker for ancient structure, architecture, statues and history.
4. A good friend of mine who know me by heart – I don’t simply go travel with my coursemate or colleague I hardly know.
5. Can stand seeing my face (vice-versa) throughout the whole trip without any cranky attitude. Oh, don’t get me started with that out-of-nowhere-crankiness!
6. Appreciate me the way I am (vice-versa) and always open for negotiations (in terms of lodging, places to go, eat etc). Dalam erti kata lain : TAK CEREWET and not selfish.
Oh, someone. Please emerge from the shadows! 😉 I just need someone (though I prefer not to go duo) to come away with me!