I bet your eyes (and stomach) are still so numb due to that overly rendang+ketupat+lodeh+lemang+almond London consumption, so I’ll make this entry in points instead (truth was my eyes were dazed just by staring at this PC but really, who works on a sixth day of Raya?)
1. Went to solat Raya with granny and cousins, and visited my granddad’s and sister’s graves after that. For those that I’ve never revealed this before, I had a younger sister for only few hours. She was born and died few hours after, due to her premature-birth complications. Cannot say that I’m sad, coz I don’t even remember her. I was 2 back then. But it would have been nice to have another estrogen bearer (besides mom, obviously) in the house kan? 🙂
ni je yg ada for first day. lagi 3-4 family came on the second
2. Again, for those that don’t know (heck, I’m such in a mood for confessions), I have been in a non-speaking-not-even-exchanging-glances term with my father for two years already. Don’t ask who caused it, or how it even started, enough said that it derived from both my arrogance and his ignorance. I kept having this recurring dreams about him during Ramadhan. Eventhough I’ve vowed to myself that I won’t call it a truce before he did, it suddenly stings me that I owed it to him. Then, there I was, doing something I never thought I would be able to do, seek his forgiveness and forgive him myself during pagi Raya. Oh man, it was one emotional moment. Everybody was surprised to saw us finally bury the hatchet and I, without shame admitted that I cried like a baby in his lap (and continue in the room after that). We don’t speak much after that though (2 years of silence really left you with no idea on how to start a conversation with the old man), but there were noddings involved. I’m taking one step at a time, and nodding is definitely a good kick-start 🙂
kunun2 nak tangkap girls only tp opkos Adlan menyibuk
3. All bibiks decided to claim their annual leave entitlement (read: serentak) and that leaves me ALONE in the kitchen to take care of the dishes and the kids. Take care of their potty schedule and their meals (their mother were too busy cooking and entertaining guests, you see). Oh, I hate them bibiks (at that particular time only). The kids, the only thing they master at is to drive me to my occasional peak aneurysm all the frigging time, but I love them nonetheless. Mental note: not to be extra nice to the bibiks the next time I see them!
my favv girl (syytt..don’t tell the others)
4. I tell you ah, karma is one crazy fella. I had a sudden crave for chocolate cake and I went over to a supermarket in my kampung to buy the ingredients. Too bad they only had Buttercup, and I don’t use and will never use Buttercup in my cake. I went home empty handed and heart broken and to my surprise, there was a plate of delicious chocolate cake awaits me on the dining table. It was from my cousin who come bearing it. Oh, thanks cez! I would go crazy without one day of that much sugar and chocolate intake! 😉
itu jela keje bebudak ni. main je..
5. We went skinny-dipping to air terjun! Twice in two days. My cousins, the true KL kids, their parents never brought them to any air terjun before and I for one, not a big fan of it either, but the idea just popped to my head and woosh, we all packed our clothes and made way to one in Rembau/Kuala Pilah border. I can tell that the kids were having the best time of their lives and one even claimed that this is even better than Sunway Lagoon! I was the oldest in the lot, so I just baywatching them, for their safety.
air terjun. yeehaaa!
1. I reshuffled my whole room and I’m loving it more and more. It totally gets a good vibe. Obviously the last feng shui didn’t do me any good. Now I just have to get a small carpet for the floor and I was thinking wallpaper. Hmm.. Trip to Ikea is definitely in order.
2. I came to office this morning and found a “Good Job” note written on the work I hand over to my boss before Raya. I was bewildered, hell I know I deserved it. It’s just that things like that don’t happen everyday in my former workplace. Recognition is something that is somewhat forgotten in there. My boss definitely know how to make my day 🙂
3. I’m in a dire need of a new set of Pod’s earphones and an MP3 car adapter. Throw in a pair of new sunglasses if you have the time too. Oh, don’t we just love October? ME at least. And the birthday heat begins.. 🙂