Yepp. It’s finally official – I hereby declare that the best way to spend almost RM10 from your postpaid bill is by texting (almost all) your friends while waiting for your mum to finish her eye checkup.
I was a basket case yesterday in that Opthalmology Dept (yeah my mum could totally noticed it). Been going in and out the Opthawhat? dept, played almost half the songs in the Pod, flipping the paper and magazine I bought (and provided there) from cover to cover and I just realize how much I hated hospitals!! Can’t stand being in it for more than 10 minutes, let alone 5 straight hours! (yes, we were in there THAT long!)
Mum is having her semi-annual eye checkup (see, she suffered diabetec and she has to go to that 6-months prior approved appointment to ensure that her eyesight is not affected by the diabetec she suffered) and I was summoned to teman her. I was bored to death and been texting almost every goodfriend in my phone book.
Outta the 5 hours I spent there decomposing myself, I managed to :
- Set a buka-puasa date with a long-lost friend Johan whom serve the nation now by becoming a cop, (I’m sooo bringing him my saman tickets on the buka puasa date)
- Got RSVPed from BJ clan for our BBQ buka puasa gathering next weekend by the pool at Panjang’s house in Dsara Perdana,
- become one Dr. Love to one goodfriend who are befuddled by her ZERO guy dilemma,
- texting aunts on how many bucks of chocolate they want to buy (Beryl’s factory near my house is having its annual festive sale and who here aren’t a sucker for chocolate feel free to shoot yourself to death!)
- getting a text from Nasrul asking where the hell that Portuegese grill in MV’s foodcourt has moved to. (Sorry, I haven’t been able getting myself to MV in these past two months let alone know where it is relocated!)
- text from Lynn when I ask how did the vacay-with-MIL-from-Iran went. Apparently she had a blast of time and been taking her to whatever vacay spot there is in Msia!
- and from him:
Me: Pls help me. I was swallowed in the ocean of boredom.
Him: Heh, I’ll be outta meeting in a minute. Wanna sneak out of there?
Me: Naaah. I’m due to my mum. Plus it’s so boring la going out on a puasa day. Tak boleh buat dosa 🙂
Him: Why don’t you go checkout young hot docs around? Kompem educated as per yr edu requirement..
Me: Heh, you don’t have to advice me that. Been making two rounds di. But none in sight la.. 🙂
Him: Haha. So did you get your copy of that Passion magz the other day about DS*I?
Me: Nope. Scared might be held up by ISA. You know la these days.. Anyway there are copies of EH! magz here. But yang ada only Feb and April editions. What are the odds?!!
Him: Someone must’ve really liked your piece so much. That’s why he didn’t return it. OKla babe, I’ve to go. Don’t die of boredom! 🙂
Sometimes, little sweet things people do could make up your (already sucked) day. And too bad sometimes, you can’t always get what you really-really want. Kan? Kan?
Cheerios peeps. And selamat berbuka.