Remember the guy I was telling you about last year? Mr SexyHotBod-hockey player, who is a good friend of mine – who I thought I have a crush with. He’s the closest to perfection can get, and maybe the idea of being with him got me into liking him more than a friend. But I realized that I just don’t and we remains friend till today. Now, that I have established that I have no feelings towards him whatsoever, I have a story to tell…
Her girlfriend texted me the other day, wanting me to come see her so badly. Eventhough I’ve never met her, I dragged my ass up all the way to Shah Alam anyways on Sunday evening (maybe) because of:
- She’s my my bestfriend aka MrSexyHotBod-hockey player’s girlfriend
- I felt like I owed her a visit and explanation, because of the constant accusations she made throughout their 7-years being together that I’m the 3rd person (swear to God nothing happened between us, the relationship was merely platonic)
- I felt like she desperately needs a pair of ears and a shoulder to cry on. Even we were strangers, we still women who understand each other.
There we were, sat on the balcony of a mamak stall in Section7. She poured her heart out and I was there, as usual, doing my duty i.e. to listen. She said that they have broke up a few days ago. With reasons that “I don’t love you anymore” and “There are too many obstacles in this relationship”. I was outta words. Just another sad stories in my life diaries. And I just don’t believe he let the relationship go after 7 years.
Tell me. Were June/July are the mothers of all sadness or what????
After the soothing period has passed by, these are the things that I can conclude to her, either :
- She accepted that everything’s over and realize what a jerk he is for leaving her
- She wish him happiness. Even if it’s not with her.
I know it’s easier said than done. Of all people, believe me, I know. The hardest part is letting go. Always is.. But you will get better in time. Time heals old wounds…
To my dearest Sha* (and other great women out there who have lost their loves). This song is for you: